Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vevo Videos on youtube wont load

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wenFD

wenFD

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 PM

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:42 PM

hii last week only vevo videos on youtube will stay on the loading black screen forever and it just wont play. i know that if you clear your browsing history and cache it should work and it did work for a little but it doesnt seem to work anymore, however i found a solution but i dont know how to do those steps , here is the post i saw that is suppose to fix the problem:

Level 1
1/7/11
Problem: Vevo videos just won't load at all - black screen, infinitely loading

Diagnosis: Vevo videos play an ad in front of them. If you block the ad, the video will hang infinitely.

Solution: Disable any ad-blocking programs. If you don't have an ad-blocking program, check to see if you've blocked ad companies in your HOSTS file (windows/system32/drivers/etc/HOSTS).

For me, the HOSTS file turned out to be the culprit. I've been using the MSVP hosts file for some while without this problem, but now apparently Vevo is using advertisers who are on the MSVP block list.
Replies 1 - 4 of 4

ccbeam
Level 1
1/12/11
What domain is being blocked tho?
I get my hosts file from mvs and there are thousands in it.
I would like to keep the majority blocked while unblocking vevo.
3 of 4 people found this answer helpful. Did you? Sign in to vote. Report abuse

Somhairle
Level 1
1/23/11
I despise anything VEVO!! money grabbing mofos! (they have SO many ads per video play it's just crazy!! = money, money, money for them and wasting the users time to load all the crap before even seeing 1 second of a video!)

look for these:
127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net #[pagead-dclk.l.google.com]
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com #[Google AdWords]
127.0.0.1 adm.fwmrm.net

and place a hash+space "# " in front so they look like this:

# 127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net #[pagead-dclk.l.google.com]
# 127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com #[Google AdWords]
# 127.0.0.1 adm.fwmrm.net

I dont know how to access windows/system32/drivers/etc/HOSTS and where to find these: 127.0.0.1 googleads.g.doubleclick.net #[pagead-dclk.l.google.com]
127.0.0.1 pagead2.googlesyndication.com #[Google AdWords]
127.0.0.1 adm.fwmrm.net

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users