Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 404 when loading youtube from google

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 timeshock

timeshock

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 20 August 2011 - 06:13 PM

Hi,
The problem is on my sons PC running windows xp home. It started when he could not load either google or youtube. Google gave 500 server error, downloading microsoft essentials and unloading AVG finally got that working, however the error was persitant with trying to open youtube and I get 404 not found nginx.
I found a solution on the web quoting that combofix cured the problem so here I am.
Whether or not this is related, windows keeps asking and failing to load flash and i get and administrators error even though i am signed in as administrator. The changes I make do seem to be applied though.
hoping someone can help

cheers

Edited by timeshock, 20 August 2011 - 06:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hankel123

hankel123

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

same prob norton power eraser fixed it

#3 timeshock

timeshock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:46 PM

I found a similar post with someone posting the error with google, flusing all the caches did the trick. I think the original problem came about with my son downloading a piece of software which inevitably comes with a tool bar of some sort if you are not dilligent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users