Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

logging off takes forever - please help

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pinco000

pinco000

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

Hi guys, I got a bleeping computer. What is basically happening is, that if I restart my computer, it takes forever. If I try shut down, it usually shuts down after a long long log off OR it freezes in logging off. It is really annoying and I tried to clean up my system, registers and it didnt help. Im running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Please help and thanks for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,671 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:11 AM

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:17 PM

I tried to clean up my system, registers

1) What does that mean? EXACTLY what did you do?

2) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

3) Are you saying BOTH boot and shutdown are slow or just the shutdown?

#3 pinco000

pinco000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

I tried to clean up my system, registers

1) What does that mean? EXACTLY what did you do?

2) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

3) Are you saying BOTH boot and shutdown are slow or just the shutdown?

1.I used cleandisk security, ccleaner(including its registry cleaner), deleted contents of windows temp folder...

2.what is different is that I had a problem with laptop webcam. it didnt work, so i had to uninstal the drivers. After reboot, windows found drivers on its own. Roughly since then I had this problem with logging off. However Im not sure it is the cause. Today I got really fed up and installed drivers from manufacturer, but the problem persists.

3.Reboot is horribly slow. Always. From today my laptop doesnt want to shut down, stays on logging off and I have to use the power button :(

Im very close to formatting my C:\

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users