Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

second network - unkown

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 craz

craz

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 AM

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:43 AM

I am starting to think I have a virus/malware. My puter has been slowing down and acting weird lately. I have post on another forum about hijack this (which won't play right) which I am waiting patiently for a reply,

My computer keeps loosing its connection to the internet. For the most part, I just hit connect to, select my home wireless selection, and am good to go again. This time, just for fun, I wanted to see what else was there. At the very bottom of the list is a selection showing two green bars, called Drought house. a security enabled network. Is this my threat?

ometimes my volume selector disapppears from my task tray, sometimes I can't see programs in "all program" that I know are there....

Using task manager, I have watched my physical memory go from 55 to 100 in increments over a a few minutes and never come down.

I cant run back up, there are problems.... and I cant play bubble shooter from windows explorer, but I can from both firefox and google chrome.

Standing by to hear it it is just me having done something Stupid in settings, or if l may need an intervention

My other post is about hijack this, and I am NOT trying to jump the queue. But I thought it important that any expert know that I have been inquiring on a seperate issue, that I suspect may not be a seperate issue after all.

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,026 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 AM

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hello craz
We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users