Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crashes

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 King ICBM

King ICBM

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:55 AM

My computer started to crash randomly and got worse and worse. I thought it might be a software problem so I reformated. After the reformat, things seems to be better for a few days, and then suddenly starts crashing again. Recently, I screwed up the cpu, and after we fixed it, the crashing went away. Now suddenly it came back... I can't play the games that require a windows client without it crashing half way... Help me...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Nick_R_23

Nick_R_23

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:20 AM

What do you mean by 'fixing the cpu'? Did you replace it? Do you have a good heatsink and enough thermal paste? If the cpu is overheating it can cause the computer to crash like this.

Also, what is the make/model of your computer, motherboard, cpu, operating system, # of fans, etc. We need more info!

Good luck! -Nick

#3 King ICBM

King ICBM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:32 PM

K, I overclocked the CPU, and then applied a cpu jumper and it got "fixed".

AMD processor, I gotta check the model, I will get back to you on that.

XP Professional.
One CPU Fan, and One Other fan

#4 welco

welco

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 07:02 PM

Probably a cooling problem. On my gaming system that I overclock I have three case fans and I'm still thinking on adding another 120mm fan even though right now I'm hitting 36c under load. What do you mean CPU jumper?
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice
1GB GeIL Value Memory Looking for something better...
EPoX EP-9NPAJ
Hitachi 7K80
Jaton 6600GT
400W HiPRO

#5 King ICBM

King ICBM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:23 PM

I don't really know what it is called. And I can't quite make out the words next to it. I will try to look at that again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users