I ask that anyone who assists me in this virtual build exercises patience with me. My personal life is very full, and I am enrolled in Study Hall here at Bleeping Computer. My responsibilities outside of this thread are of higher priority than immediate response. Additionally, I will have to have time to research and ask questions along the way. I am not asking for someone to spec out a system; rather I am asking for guidance in learning to spec out a system (including sourcing parts) to perform as I outline. Also, I am not a gamer; so parts dedicated to gaming are not required unless they make the build a good one.
I am anticipating questions for why I include some of the system requirements; so I am including some reasons in this initial thread.
- This will be a PC using Windows.
- I want enough processor speed and RAM to allow tasks similar to the following to be performed simultaneously without overwhelming system resources:
- download a large program or video -- or possibly perform video editing
- listen to live streaming radio or watch instructional videos
- research topics required for online training
- compose a document with research results
- I want to use up to four monitors
- 2 or 3 to keep windows open in full screen size to view research materials
- one for composing a document
- possibly one to monitor downloads if only two are used for research material
- up to four additional USB ports beyond those required to run a printer and/or other devices which will be attached on a full time basis
- two DVD player/recorders
- maybe a blue ray player
Do I have any takers to give me the first step in specking this machine and the reasons for why to start there?
Thanks for your replies.
Edited by wkid, 19 August 2011 - 11:48 PM.