Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Guess why i'm here.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 frh

frh

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 PM

Posted 19 August 2011 - 01:39 PM

I'm here because I need to fix my desktop computer that is still messed-up after removing a virus. (Malwarebytes and McAfee scans say it is clean.) Unfortunately, my wife got 2 of her own computers infected / disabled by clicking on something in Facebook before she went in my office and did the same thing to mine. I took the easy way out with her computers with new installations of Windows (and a new hard drive on one of them). Mine has to be restored the hard way because it has 17 years of my business records in it. I'll probably start posting questions after reading more of the guides and posts that are available here. Thanks for the opportunity to vent my frustration.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,912 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:34 PM

Hello, Hey you didn't let me guess :)
You should start a topic in the Am I Infected forum,
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users