Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:30 PM
Gateway FPD2275W (Black) LCD
Monitor comes on but after maybe 20 seconds, the screen goes black
Tried a different power supply cord
Tried a different connection cord
Check connection to/from monitor/computer.
I press the button to turn on the monitor, Gateway emblem shows up, -VGA- shows up because that's the connection. Then after that about 20 seconds later, the monitor screen turns black. I still see the buttons on the side glowing, as they should be. Also, the colors don't change on the buttons, so its not just going into sleep mode.
To me this seems like the monitor is just slowly dieing, and is time to get a new one.
Are there any suggestions that may let me get some more life from the monitor before I have to purchase a new one?
Desktop | Laptop
- [OS] Windows 10 Pro x64 | 17.3" Touchscreen Windows 10 Pro x64
- [Motherboard] Intel DZ87KLT-75K
- [Power Supply] Zalman ZM850-HP Plus 850W
- [HDD] Seagate Hybrid STCL2000400 2TB | 256 GB SSD
- [Case] Zalman GS1200
- [CPU] i5-4440 Processor | Lenovo Y70 Touch (80DU00ESUS) Intel Core i7 4720HQ (2.60 GHz)
- [Memory] CORSAIR DOMINATOR 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 | 16 GB Memory
- [Graphics] ASUS DirectCU II Radeon R9 270X 2GB 256-Bit GDDR5 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB GDDR5