Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ISO

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 swood91

swood91

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 PM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

I've got a GB2.18 Visual Studio file i want install but its an ISO file and comes up with Cyberlink Power2Go when i double click.

What do i do?

Thanks
swood

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 03:13 PM

.iso files need to be burned to cd using software that burns .iso files (such as free iso burner: http://www.freeisoburner.com/)

#3 swood91

swood91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

So what? I have to run the program from a CD?

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/mount-iso-files-as-a-virtual-cd-dvd-drive.html

#5 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:13 PM

.iso are usually burnt to a CD, and read that way.. But follow the link Allan posted if you don't want or don't have any DVD's to burn to.

#6 swood91

swood91
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

Oh right i see. I do have CDs so i'll just burn the program that way. Once i burn it do i just double click to install? Or do i need to install the program a different way? I'm using Windows 7 if that helps

Thanks

#7 MarkGS

MarkGS

• Members
  • 245 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 PM

Posted 19 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

Oh right i see. I do have CDs so i'll just burn the program that way. Once i burn it do i just double click to install? Or do i need to install the program a different way? I'm using Windows 7 if that helps

Thanks

Nope, it may auto play when you pop it in.. just select the appropriate action.. if it doesn't auto play just install it like any other program from a disc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users