Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Live Photo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 susiew

susiew

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 AM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

Hi new here thanks for setting me join. I'm not the best on a computer but I get by. I have Windows 7 on my lap top. I got the lap top back in Dec. I just love my Dells. I've use my lap top mostly for email and photo. For the past week I'll up load photo from my camera and for some odd reason after I get through cropping or turning I click out and poof they all are gone. I up loaded some this morning and wham gone. I still have them on my camera put then will not up load again because the computer does not think they are new. So I'm guessing they are hid on my computer some where but where? Can some please help me fix this problem?

Thanks

Edited by susiew, 18 August 2011 - 11:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 theternalnoob

theternalnoob

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 AM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:32 PM

Hi susie,
could you tell us what program you use to view/edit the photos on your computer? Also have you recently changed anything, say, installing a new program or something like that?

hope I can help
always and everywhere
n00bs

#3 susiew

susiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

Windows Photo Live it is the program that was and is on my computer when I got it. No new programs added.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:21 PM

HOW are you putting the pictures from the camera onto the computer?

Are you using camera software? Plugging the camera in via USB and getting the Autoplay dialog that wants to know if you would like to open the files, etc?

Can you find the properties of one of the pictures to find out the file name? If you can, do a search on your computer for that file. If found, you can see where it is.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 August 2011 - 05:21 PM.

#5 susiew

susiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

I just have a small cheap camera I've used in on the computer since I have had it. I just pull the card out of the camera and put it into the computer. I snipped what I see when I up start to up load. The computer didn't used to ask me to scan the photos. I only use to get the second bo and I just up load they by date.

Edited by susiew, 18 August 2011 - 06:05 PM.

#6 susiew

susiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

Ok the pictures did up load too big et me see if I can resize them.

#7 susiew

susiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:14 PM

Well I resized the pictures the hard way and they still didn't show up.

Edited by susiew, 18 August 2011 - 06:16 PM.

#8 susiew

susiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2011 - 10:19 PM

Ok I think the pictures are small enough.

Attached Files

#9 susiew

susiew
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:11 AM

Any one can you help the photo's I post is the boxes that come up. The first Box asking for a scan, I didn't used to have that box only the second box.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users