Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 NinaGeelong

NinaGeelong

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

... boot to the recovery console and run chkdsk /r

Have you done this?

If you cannot successfully run chkdsk /r from the XP Recovery Console, then try the following ....

Download NTBR_CD.exe and create a bootable CD.
  • Save the file to your Desktop and double-click it. This will create a folder named NTBR_CD.
  • Open the folder and locate BurnItCD. Launch it by double-clicking it.
  • When BurnCDCC opens, click Start - the CD tray will open.
  • Insert blank CD and click OK.
  • The tray will close, burn the image then eject the disk.
Run chkdsk.
  • Boot the affected computer with the new CD.
  • Once presented with the boot screen please hit <ENTER> to boot from CD.
  • After a warning screen there is a keyboard language options screen - press <ENTER> to leave it at EN-US.
    You should now be at the Tool options screen.
  • Type 5 and press <ENTER> to go to a command prompt.
    At the command prompt type the following bolded command then press <ENTER>

tools\ntfs4dos\chkdsk

You will be prompted (in German) to press Enter.
  • Press <ENTER> to start the check disk utility.
    Check Disk will check all attached drives and attempt to correct any errors.
    Please make a note of any errors found or corrections made.
  • When it completes type "menu" and press <ENTER> to return to the tools menu.
  • Type 6 and press <ENTER> to quit, then Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart.
:spacer: (With thanks to noahdfear for the above tool and instructions.)

Please let me know if chkdsk reports any errors or corrections made, or if it completes without incident.

Allow the computer to attempt booting normally and let me know the outcome.

Hi Guys..... This is my first post so forgive me for just jumping in like this, however this thread has been of great help to me.

I had and I put emphasis on the word had, nearly the exact same problem with my XP PRO SP3. My problem started a few weeks after I had used Easeus to back up my C drive. I had left the PC on overnight and woke to find the BSOD. I could not get windows to boot up normally so tried starting it in safe mode and it loaded up to eubakup.sys then stalled, then restarted over and over again. So tonight I set about trying to find a fix and ended up here, I read this entire thread and skipped over all the things that didnt seem to help the other guy. I was about to do a repair install but thought Id give this last suggestion a try first and hey presto, it worked. I want to thank the webmaster and all the contributors for an awesome site and especially AustrAlien. There was a lot of text in the chkdsk report to have to write it all out so I took the easy way out and snapped a photo of the screen so you can see exactly what the chkdsk fixed. I hope this will suffice.

Regards : ))

Attached File  BILD1615.jpg   316.21KB   4 downloads

Edited by hamluis, 18 August 2011 - 11:00 AM.
Split from different topic, PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 AustrAlien

AustrAlien

Inquisitor

• BC Advisor
  • 6,772 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

@ NinaGeelong

Hello and :welcome: to the BC forums.

Thank you for posting of your success after running chkdsk using noahdfear's handy little tool.

4kb in bad sectors

I note that you have bad sectors reported, indicating a potential problem with your hard drive.

If you would like some assistance with your issue, please create a new topic of your own and provide as much detail as you can about it. You may send me a PM (Personal Message) to let me know when you have done that, and I will take a look at it, if you wish. Attempting to help more than one person in a topic is too confusing for all parties concerned, and it is normal procedure to require each issue to have a topic of its own.

Thank you.
AustrAlien
Google is my friend. Make Google your friend too.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users