Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NTLDR missing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Garval

Garval

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 PM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 05:03 AM

Hi guys,

I've got the "NTLDR missing. Enter Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart" message and needed to create a bootable CD using 'xp rec con.iso'. I downloaded it from the following address:

<link removed>

I was able to create it, managed to change the boot order and made it to start from the CD driver; I then managed to access the Recovery Console and followed the steps recommended here:

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm

However, when I tried to copy f:\i386\ntldr c:\ I got the message: the system cannot find the file specified. I went back to the contents of the i386 file in the CD but couldn't see i386\ntldr. So, I downloaded the iso file again, checked again and still there was no ntldr file there.

I contacted Mediafire and they get back to me saying:

we are only the file hosting company, not the creators or maintainers of this file. You will have to contact someone who does have the knowledge you need, be that the person who first gave you the link, the original creator of the file, or perhaps a tech support forum.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by elise025, 18 August 2011 - 06:10 AM.
link removed for security reasons ~Elise

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elise

Elise

Bleepin' Blonde

• Malware Study Hall Admin
  • 61,110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:14 AM

Hello, first of all, I deleted the Mediafire link; everyone can upload files to MediaFire and claim they are good/useful, but there is always a risk of them being infected. What is more, even if this file is what it claims to be, a Recovery console image, this is illegally hosted, as this image contains copyright-protected Microsoft files. At BC we do not support nor allow the usage of such images, see also this topic.

Could you explain in detail what happened before this error showed up?

regards, Elise

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | lockerdome

Malware analyst @ Emsisoft

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users