Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Irate but Happy for the Challenge PC User Here!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yellowcherry

yellowcherry

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

Hi there! I found this forum through Google, though I do have that virus that hijacks all of my search engine searches...but I have my cut and pasting ways.

I know I'm not supposed to talk about my problem, but it seems I can't post or reply to other existing threads. Maybe it's because I need to write my introduction first?
I'm actually female, but I don't see the 'Change Gender' option. Nevermind, there it is.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:17 AM

Hello and welcome to BC :welcome:

I suspect the topics you were trying to reply to were in this forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/forum22.html or perhaps they were locked topics.

Nobody can reply to locked topics.

As for the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, that forum is restricted in who can reply to topics there. That is because the focus of that forum is specialized malware removal, and only those trained in malware removal are allowed to provide malware removal assistance there.

In either case, it is not good forum protocol to post your own problem in someone else's topic. That can and has created a lot of confusion for all concerned.

You might want to peruse the New User Orientation forum which includes instructions for creating a topic and replying to a topic

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 PM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

I found the post you made in the Am I Infected forum. I have split it off to its own topic here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic414938.html

Please be sure to subscribe to the topic. You can read how to do that here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic33013.html

Orange Blossom :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Internet Security, NoScript Firefox ext.

animinionsmalltext.gif

#4 yellowcherry

yellowcherry
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 12:24 AM

Ah thanks, no wonder it had disappeared!
I'm actually female, but I don't see the 'Change Gender' option. Nevermind, there it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users