Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Slow video streaming

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 alizton

alizton

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:26 PM

hi guys... I just want you to help me in this problem if its ok.. I have a Toshiba L510 notebook for about a year now.. about two weeks ago i was watching a video from animecrazy.net using google chrome as my browser. I just notice that the video took a lot of time to buffer which is unusual because before it was buffering fast. Then i browse youtube and watch some videos and it was fine and the video is loading fast. Then i tried other video streaming sites like megavideo and same situation with animecrazy.net. The video is loading slow... I was just bothered because all video streaming sites i browse except youtube are buffering slow...I also tried other browser like firefox and IE but the same happens..I am using windows 7 starter.. hope you can help me in this.. Thanks..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Skizzle

Skizzle

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

Does this happen all the time or only certain times of the day? I just ran 5 minutes of a video on animecrazy.net and it seemed to run fine. Have you tried pausing it for 3 minutes then starting it back up? I think that method may work best. Give it time to preload the episode and you should be caught up. animecrazy.net gets a lot of traffic I am sure, which means that its going to reduce the bandwith you are able to recieve through them, as is megavideo. I know with mega I have had that issue and had to let it buffer, Ill ussually start it, pause as soon as the picture shows, or ad dissapears, go grab a drink and bag of chips, come back and watch.

Hope this is the issue, as it seems it may be if youtube is running fine. If not, it could be a codec problem, have you loaded any codecs since the problem started? Youtube has a lot of 3gp videos, while the other sites most likely run mpeg.

#3 alizton

alizton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:58 AM

not really all the time.. i usually use my laptop after work. that's about 7 pm.. i actually let animecrazy load the video but it suddenly stops buffering. BTW, how can you check if it's a codec problem?

#4 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:27 AM

about two weeks ago i was watching a video from animecrazy.net using google chrome as my browser. I just notice that the video took a lot of time to buffer which is unusual because before it was buffering fast.

1. Any changes on your computer, before this started happening? New software installations, changes in Windows etc. ?

2. Have you tried watching videos from animecrazy.net using other internet browsers? Do they exhibit the same behavior or is it Chrome specific?
ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#5 curryjl

curryjl

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 AM

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:23 AM

2. Have you tried watching videos from animecrazy.net using other internet browsers? Do they exhibit the same behavior or is it Chrome specific?

I also tried other browser like firefox and IE but the same happens..

I don't think it is browser related as much as I think it may be just a bandwidth situation. What ISP and connection speed do you have?
Curry ~ CCENT, A+ Information Technician

#6 alizton

alizton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:58 PM

i have smart broadband here in the philippines at 10mbps.... The last time i use the computer before it turns out like this was when i was watching a certain movie online... then i just notice the day after that the streaming become slow..

#7 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 01 September 2011 - 08:13 AM

Do you have any bandwidth limits? I know of a few ISP's that drop your speed after a certain level of bandwidth has been exceeded for the month, and I know of some ISP's that throttle certain traffic types during peak business hours which would be around the time you get off work I imagine.

Please go here: http://www.speedtest.net and perform a few tests and post the results today and tomorrow.

#8 alizton

alizton
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2011 - 05:49 PM

May i just correct my older post...It's not 10mbps but 1 mbps.. I actually solved my problem yesterday... it was not an ISP issue.. My flash player is the faulty one...I updated it to the latest version and disable the adblocker.. Then poof... It's working fine now.. Thangs for all your help guys...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users