Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netbook running Windows CE difficulties

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 boo-boo-79

boo-boo-79

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:30 PM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:25 PM

I bought an Allfine PC703 which runs on WinCE and so far it is pretty much an expensive ornament because I can't get any programs to download to it or install on it, I downloaded them to a memory stick and copied them over, they wouldn't run (I tried about 15 different programs now of varying types). I wanted to be able to use it if and when I finally relent and let my laptop go back to be repaired as I am told it needs to go to the workshop to fix the touchpad. But at the moment it is not a possibility because I can't get programs to load onto it.
I also wanted to be able to use it while away from home, I bought a WiFi dongle so that I could connect from anywhere in the UK wirelessly, it said it was WinCE compatible (a 3g type effort) and which was plug and play but that seems another waste of money as I couldn't get it to run on the netbook.
I mostly will only want to be able to surf the internet and play games on it (via an internet games site) but if I can't get online with it and if I can't get things I have downloaded to run or install on it I am stuck.
Can anyone here help me to work out how to get it running other things please? I can connect to the internet from it on my home network so I can post here from it directly if need be - though I can't be sure as not all websites work as you would expect from it. But I will happily try to provide whatever info I can from it if I am told what to do and how to get it and I will happily try what is suggested by an expert because honestly in it's present state I can hardly use it anyway.
A family friend recently died and having complained and moaned at him about his avoidance of new forms of technology and all the issues that go along with them I am feeling bad for not purging my own, it is time to make things work for me because we never know how long we have to get these things done - or anything done. SO if you would please help me it would be greatly appreciated. Oh and before anyone says why not take the laptop, it is too big and heavy for me to carry due to health problems so I needed something smaller for the rare occasions I can stay elsewhere.
Thanks for reading my post and I look forward to getting your replies.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users