Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HDMI output no longer works

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nick412

Nick412

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

Hello,

I have an HP G60-535DX Laptop which seems to be fully functioning... all except for the HDMI output, which as of recently stopped working altogether. Currently, when I plug in the HDMI cable, the screen turns black on my laptop as if it were going to send the signal to the TV, rather than extending the desktop, it gives an audible confirmation that it is, in fact plugged in and then... nothing. When I remove said cable, the screen flashes and I can not get my screen back, no matter what I do. I am forced to do a hard reset and then my video on my laptop works fine. I am growing quite frustrated that I cannot use this feature, and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 19 August 2011 - 12:33 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Skizzle

Skizzle

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:09 PM

This has happened to me. I had to update my graphics drivers. Well, rather I had to roll back to old drivers, then reinstall the latest.

I hope this helps.

-Rich

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users