Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Neopets addict needing help (not for addiction)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boo-boo-79

boo-boo-79

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 08:08 PM

Hello, I am boo and I am a total neopets addict, I play there whenever I can, but for several months now I have been trying to play certain games - for example Gourmet Club Bowls and The Haunted Shootery, they get to the start up or preloader screen and then freeze, sometimes freezing my browser in the process.
Now to begin with I thought maybe it was a problem with Neopets site, as I have read elsewhere that I am not the only person with this issue but it seems it can't be that because a lot of other people can still play the games that I can't (I know that because I can see the high scores lists each new month and the trophies people have got for playing etc). Some other people have found solutions and I have tried them all but they don't work for me. I did a google search and read a LOT of pages and tried a lot of different things but reversed them all once I found they made no difference.
So then I thought maybe it was my shockwave or flash or java but I have made sure they are all up to date so it shouldn't be those. I think I tried uninstalling and re-installing all 3 but with no success.
I then thought maybe it was just a problem with firefox, but I tried playing in IE and that didn't work either, so I tried Chrome and that didn't work, then I tried opera and safari and they wouldn't work in those browsers either, so then I thought I am going to lose the plot here and I tried asking the people who run the neopets site for help, they said they had passed what I said on to their developers and when a solution was available they would get back to me, I have now asked them half a dozen times for help and still all I get is that "standard" (and I believe automated) response and no help.
To begin with there were about 10 games not working now there are probably closer to 24. Oh and I even thought maybe it was because my Norton had updated and was blocking them but I have tried with Norton switched off temporarily and that made no difference and as far as I can see windows isn't blocking them in any way.
Several months on from the start of these problems I am so frustrated and really miss playing some of my favourites and hoped that someone here would help me to investigate why these games won't work for me.
I am using Windows Vista, I have the most up to date versions of everything, I can't use my touchpad (whole other issue) but I have a mouse and I have tried using the computer with the faulty touchpad instead and that doesn't appear to make any difference. I am coming up blank with every idea and thought I have had so far and I would appreciate any help you wonderful people could give me in fixing things. I am at my wits end with it now.
(The touchpad too but I am told I need to send the laptop back to the company I bought it from to be repaired if I want the touchpad to work, I don't believe that is really true and I am reluctant to let it go and may post that as a seperate topic once I get this problem resolved - if I can get this problem resolved).
Thanks for reading my topic and I look forward to your replies. :)
Oh and of course I will happily answer any questions you have if I can and try to provide whatever information is needed. Sorry if I forgot anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BrainyTehBrain

BrainyTehBrain

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 PM

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

If neopet's games are ad supported, turn off adblock.

#3 boo-boo-79

boo-boo-79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

I have premium which means neopets automatically block the ads, there is nothing I can do about that. I have tried changing my own ad blocking settings but that makes no difference either.
Thanks for replying though. Do you have any more ideas please?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users