Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP Pavilion p6130y hard drive failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tsmoore88

tsmoore88

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

Hello all,

First off, thank you for taking time to read my topic. I have an HP Pavilion p6130y desktop PC and when I turned it on this morning it would just start up and get stuck at the "windows is loading files" screen. I managed to run some diagnostic tests on it and discerned that the hard drive has failed (it is a Western Digital). On top of ordering Windows 7 recovery disks from HP I need to replace the HD and would like to try my hand at SSD, is there anything I need to know first? Is there a process for switching from HDD to SSD? I have done some research online and would like to confirm my findings before spending my hard earned cash. Thank you for your time!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:14 AM

Same method as you would normally change out a HDD but you will need a bracket which will mount the 2.5" SSD.. Getting a large SSD will be more expensive.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users