Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry error that nothing else seems to fix

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MacBeth_is_fluffy

MacBeth_is_fluffy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

Hi, Hopefully someone has a workaround that I can use.

I'm running Vista on an older house-made computer. I hadn't run it in about a year and put vista on it, cleaned it off completely, and have been using it basically to run firefox. This morning it was frozen so I restarted and was met with

-----------------------------

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your installation disc and restart your computer. 2. Choose your language settings, and then click next. 3. Click repair your computer.

File: \windows\system32\config\system Status: 0xc00000e9 Info: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing, or corrupt.

-----------------------------

I used the Vista disk to run Startup Repair, and once it said it had fixed, restarted, and did the same error again, so I ran the repair again. This time it gave a popup saying "Startup Repair cannot fix the problem" and some things about sending the problem to Microsoft. *sigh*

I've seen tons of people with this problem, and typically startup repair works, but it just lands me right back in the same spot. Anyone have any idea how to make my box speak again?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:47 AM

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistahardware/thread/b2ff1f41-b7b1-4a28-b1a9-19117022c1e9/

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-files/windowssystem32configsystem-status-0xc00000e9/055ac67d-9ba0-488b-aa4c-ab50fc09ab50

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users