Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashing!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dave3000

dave3000

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:34 PM

Whenever i start a game it runs for a couple of minutes then the computer freezes! I thought it might be overheating, but it dosen't happen at all except when i'm playing a game. I have cleaned my fans to make sure there not blocked an all that, but it still faulty, even though it used to work fine.
I have tried some programmes to clean my system but still.........

any suggestions of what it might be or some software i should try to make sure the PC is completely clean

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:22 AM

1) Scan for viruses and spyware

What operating system are you using? What kind of computer? What game is it?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 dave3000

dave3000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 AM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:32 AM

its XP, a HP pavillion couple of yrs old but easily good enough, any game basic or not, it used to work fine maybe my comps just had it!?

#4 linderman

linderman

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:17 PM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 05:18 PM

a bad faulty psu can cause this

download this free utility http://www.download.com/3000-2086-10018691.html

then run the utility and check your system voltages

copy and paste your results in here for evaluation by the techs

I would paste one set of results right after boot-up with the computer doing nothing

then take another reading after you have defrag, spyware scanner, anti virus drive scanner all running at the same time for at least 15 minutes prior to test report >>> then paste it in here

same with the system temps

regards

joe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users