Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PlayStation 3 Freezing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Josef1994

Josef1994

• Members
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:37 AM

I have the 40gb model, and about 5 months ago the console started freezing but it doesn't freeze totally, just the game because the menu (when you push the PS button on the joystick) comes up when I press it. A month later I went on to play it and since it didn't freeze alot, just a couple of times. But since last Friday I can't even play a game of Pro Evolution Soccer, because it freezes during when I am making the game plan. The PS is about 2 years old, and before it started freezing it was never used for around 8 months. The PS is stading vertically and it is aiin a well ventilated area. Also,l I tried rebuilding the database and restoring the system, but still keeps freezing. Please help!

Edited by Josef1994, 17 August 2011 - 10:40 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:36 AM

Alot of times freezing happens right before the consoles YLOD's (term used for hardware failure - mostly caused by internal CPU/GPU problems on the console).

2 years is about the same time mine failed. (Bought it in 2008, failed late 2010-early 2011). If it YLODs, only "permanent" solution is to send it in to Sony and pay $150 to get it "repaired". However, if they send you another "phat" model, it's a chance it'll YLOD in another 2-4 years. May be worth to just buy a new slim model (what I did) and avoid Sony CS.

I put quotes on permanent because there is a way to "fix" YLOD, but it carries huge risks including the console exploding or catching on fire... I wouldn't recommend trying it and for safety reason, I'm not going to mention how you can do it.

Edited by NpaMA, 28 August 2011 - 05:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users