Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Peace1

Peace1

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:52 AM

I joined bleepingcomputer.com after i asked my friend about something i encountered while checking my firewall permissions. i noticed there was permission for something named '123.exe' to go through the firewall so i blocked it. upon inspection of my processes in task manager i noticed csrss.exe and now winlogon.exe didnt have my user name on them. they were the only two that didnt have my user name on the list. but i got program named Ultimate Process Detail & Killer when i opened the program and looked at more details of the process i noticed the creation,cs, and os name were all win32. so, does that mean the processes are in fact from my computer??? as for '123.exe' i have the logs and they will be posted at the end of this message.i will be using the instructions which fireman4it posted. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic383273.html Thanks for the help and your patience working with a 'noob' ;)peace

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Peace1

Peace1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:13 AM

cant seem to figure out how to save the logs or import them into a post

Edited by Peace1, 17 August 2011 - 01:15 AM.

#3 Dave225

Dave225

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:49 AM

I am new to this forum but you can always simply copy and paste the log if it is text, directly into this message box.

Open the text log ; assume in notepad, Edit, Select all, then edit Copy.

Put your cursor in the white area of a new post and right mouse, Paste or hold down the CTRL key and press V.

The attach file options may not be available depending on what forum you are in.

This is introductions, so maybe you should post in another forum?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users