Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help me with installing driver for broadcom 802.11 b/g

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 scurvychef

scurvychef

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

Okay, I really tried to do this on my own first before making a post. I am getting a little frustrated though. after doing some research I have determined that I have a Broadcom 802.11 b/g wireless LAN card. and I also know that I need a ndiswrapper to run the appropriate driver. I can't find the driver, the ndiswrapper, or what to type to the terminal. Please help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:26 PM

Let's start with the obvious. What linux version are you running?

EDIT: My bad. I didn't see that it's opensuse.

So let's go to the second question. Do you know which hardware version you have?

Also, this may help. Or it may not.

Edited by stiltskin, 17 August 2011 - 07:29 PM.

#3 scurvychef

scurvychef
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:47 PM

I am not sure what you mean by hardware version. Are you referring to the PCI-id that the link you sent me mentions?

Also, I am sorry for the delayed response. I have been busy lately. Thanks

#4 stiltskin

stiltskin

• Members
  • 238 posts
  •  

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:07 AM

I mean, which version of the Broadcom chip?

I haven't used anything Broadcom in years. Or anything else that didn't have an open driver. So I can't really recall how you go about finding that. I know some information can be garnered through dmesg (just that on the commandline, or dmesg | more to make it scroll on your command). If it's usb lsusb can provide info, or lspci if it's a PCI device. Whether or not that will get enough of the right information, though, is something I can't know. Often it will, sometimes it won't. If you also use it on Winders, you can take a look there to see what it tells you it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users