Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a MicroStar MSI KT4AV (MS-6712)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cueballinma

cueballinma

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

My buddy seems to have fried his motherboard. This diagnosis comes from another friend who has built several computers for me and in fact built the pc in question. My friend has very little money and is hoping to find one of these online but has not been able to so far. I have joined the search myself to no avail at this point.

The motherboard in question is the MicroStar MSI KT4AV (MS-6712)

Anyone have any idea where I might find this motherboard? Any help is greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 karnage

karnage

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

type in socket a or 462 into ebay. there are hundreds for $15+

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

Without any further description of the problem with the motherboard it's not possible to tell what has happened with it. But the MSI slot A motherboards were in a generation of productions where questionable electrolytic capacitors were used. I've repaired several of these by replacing bad caps.

Here's a picture of a bad cap. Notice that it is bulging on the top, and is leaking at the base. Also notice the flat surface of the top of the capacitors to the left of the bulging one.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users