Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Firewall

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 softballb

softballb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 AM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:11 AM

my kid was using the limewire on the computer and he said it froze. when i tried to reboot nothing happened(wouldn't load anything) so i kept trying until it finally worked but when it tried disk check it said invalid error and shutdown. i tried rebooting it again but was still having trouble. when it finally worked the firewall was turned off so i tried starting it manually but it said internet connection sharing not working. also tried spyware programs and it also shut the computer down. i am using windows xp. any suggestions on fixing this

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:28 AM

Hi softballb,

Try this post : Start Here

The above post is a great starting point for malware removal. The methods contain within are tried and true. You may have to download your "toolkit" of software to the computer you are using and burn a cd to get it to the infected computer. Try booting in safe mode and running the basic spyware removal programs that way.

I hope this helps,

Rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users