Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Excel 2010 freezes during copy/paste

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 carriepie

carriepie

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

Excel 2010 randomly freezes during copy/paste function. Did not happen with earlier versions. Have to get to Task Mgr and shut down apps & lose any changes. dumprep is often running. Tried starting in safe mode, still happens. Work PC and can't change user. Notice that the clipboard is popping up in bottom right of desktop. Didn't use to with earlier versions. Could the clipboard or macro be causing it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 datastrain

datastrain

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

here is a link on how to disable the clipboard from showing up all the time (but i don't think this is related to your problem.

are you using Remote Desktop? - (there are reported issues using the clipboard with Remote Desktop.)

how much are you copying to the clipboard? can you copy to clipboard in MS Word?

sounds like a memory issue; since it's a work computer, can you have IT look at it (suggest a memory upgrade)?

Edited by datastrain, 21 August 2011 - 03:04 PM.

a million monkeys using windows will eventually produce all possible error messages... eventually...

#3 carriepie

carriepie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

Remote access not a variable. Large formulas or info is not being copied, usually 1 cell with a small formula. Thought it might be problem with macro. I do not have access to that computer right now, but I will try disabling the clipboard. Has only happened with Excel, but we do not use Word that much.

#4 ecoimpact

ecoimpact

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 AM

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:16 PM

Hey,

I'm having the problem too. Just check whether it seems to occur when right click and choose the 'Paste' symbol, as this how it occurs for me on odd occassions. I was just checking and its not a problem right now, but when I hover above the 'paste' symbol, rather than get a preview of new text instead the quick menu disappears, however it doesn't occur when hovering over the other pasting symbols which actually show the preview of text.

Sometimes I might have alot of text on the clipboard (100 cells), although other times I just have 4 cells and it still freezes.

Cheers

Jesse

#5 Moohoo

Moohoo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:59 AM

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Has anyone come up with a solution on this yet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users