Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Coverting Cd To Mp3

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 spower

spower

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 09:17 AM

Hi

I got an mp3 player for Christmas and have no idea how to get my cds on to it. I have tried free downloads from amazon and managed to get them on it. Do i need a programme to convert the songs on the cd to mp3 format and if so are there any easy programmes out there to help me do this? Free ones if possible.

Thanks

Sharon
Sharon

XXXXXX

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:09 AM

First, you have to copy (rip) the songs from the CD, to your harddrive.
From there, you can transfer them to your mp3 player.
Just make sure to rip them to a format (MP3, WAV, OGG, etc.) that is compatible with your mp3 player.

A couple of free ripping programs:
CDex
DeepRipper
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 madnlooney

madnlooney

• Members
  • 208 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:49 PM

doesnt WMP do it too?

#4 spower

spower
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:22 AM

Thanks for your replies. :thumbsup:
Sharon

XXXXXX

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:55 PM

You're welcome, Sharon.
Were you able to get it figured out?
Are you listening to your CD's on your new player? :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 Natasha Kerensky

Natasha Kerensky

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 PM

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:51 PM

Audiograbber is the best I've seen yet.

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:44 AM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:41 AM

I loved Audiograbber that was the first ripper I ever used (back in like 98) it was simple to operate and had Xing encoding embedded (i think thats the right term) into the program it made ripping straight to a MP3 possible (back then that was hard to find). But the one in the new WMP is good it allows me to save to folders named after the artist and album title (when you have almost 300 CDs on your computer thats a good thing). Haven't any of audiograbbers newer releases since 2.0 but WMP came free w/ the computer so thats what I've been using

Posted Image

#8 Professional

Professional

• Members
  • 280 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

Thanks acklan for CDex I downloaded it and it is all good! despite the fact the app is limited to 5-Min Songs or below.
Posted Image

#9 Sprite_Feedback

Sprite_Feedback

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:29 PM

Thanks acklan for CDex I downloaded it and it is all good! despite the fact the app is limited to 5-Min Songs or below.

err that sounds very odd as there should be no restrictions on CDex at all as it is freeware. You might have something amiss in your setings. I have used it a bit in the past and do not remember any problems.

g

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users