Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Moffice Wont Shut Down On A Limited User Acount

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Kev2006

Kev2006

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:25 AM

Attempted to place a picture here - didnt work - not an expert on wep pages or url's

I don't know if that'll work!! i cannot sus this site out yet and have too little time at the moment. Sorry folks!!

It was a screen capture of my problem. When my son logs off his limited account, a window pops up. The title bar being End program - MOffice. The text says Ending Program...Please wait if you choose to.....I guess you know the rest!

I have searched google and my pc for info on MOffice and cannot find anything. Have any of you guys seen this before. The account has been deleted and re created to no avail and the other 2 accounts don't have this problem, or my admin account. I run PC-Cillin virus scan and it finds nothing and is up to date etc?????

I would be most grateful for any help.

Kev. (I'll think of a better name soon!)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:34 PM

Do you use a Logitech Mouse? If so, what kind? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/m....exe-10419.html

Also, do you have any mobile phone or PIM stuff installed? http://www.imoffice.com/
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Kev2006

Kev2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:37 PM

No, but recently installed a maxxtro wireless mouse that someone got me as a gift, which to be honest doesn't work very well at all so i reverted back to my wired mouse Trust Ami which is fantastic! I'll try to un-install the driver for it and see if that helps?

Thanks for the reply!

#4 Kev2006

Kev2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:45 PM

Sorry John,

It appears I have already done that, maybe there is something left in the registry?

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:51 AM

Did you search your hard drive for *moffice* (the *'s included)?

Try going to Start...Run...and type in "msconfig" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Check to see if there's anything referring to Moffice in the startup entries there. Post back with any information you may find.

If no result there, try searching your registry for "moffice" (without the quotes). This won't hurt your registry as long as you don't change anything.

Go to Start...Run...and type in "regedit" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Select the Edit menu, and then select "Find". Type in the search term (moffice) and press Enter. Copy down the location of the entries that are located (the path is listed in the status bar at the bottom of the window - but doesn't list the Key's name). Please let us know the results of this search also.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 Kev2006

Kev2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:47 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

Nothing in msconfig or search BUT...... in the registry found the following..

HKEY_users\s-1-5-21-1844237615-179605362-725345543-1004\software\microsoft\search assistant\acmru\5603 ...............>Name 000 type reg_sz Data moffice

HKEY_users\s-1-5-21-1844237615-179605362-725345543-1004\software\microsoft\windows\shellnoroam\muicache ............>Name C:\Program Files\Muiltmedia keyboard utility\1.3\mmkeybd.exe Type REG_SZ Data MOffice

HKEY_users\s-1-5-21-1844237615-179605362-725345543-1009\software\microsoft\windows\shellnoroam\muicache ............>Name C:\Program Files\Muiltmedia keyboard utility\1.3\mmkeybd.exe Type REG_SZ Data MOffice

(Muiltmedia really is spelled like that!!)

This points to the wireless keyboard I have which was also bought by the said person above! However the keyboard works perfectly fine!

Is there anything I can do now?

Thanks for your help so far!

Kev.

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 10:20 AM

Please go to Start...Run...and type in "msconfig" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Look for items that relate to the keyboard and it's drivers - see if they're enabled or disabled, then try the other way to see if this fixes the problem.

Next thing to try would be to download the latest version of the drivers for the keyboard.

Then, uninstall the current drivers from Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.

Then install the newly downloaded drivers. This "should" restore the settings that affect this program.

Finally, if that doesn't work - then we can look at some more registry keys based on the search that you did to see what's calling on this program and why it behaves this way.

#8 Kev2006

Kev2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 02:58 PM

I have found an entry in the start menu that solves the problem when un-ticked. It's called mmkybd and its in the program files.

With this un-ticked, I cannot see the Caps / Num lock status in the task bar but thats no big deal. The keyboard works fine and looks like a cheap import. There is no brand name on the device. It says wireless keyboard on the back, there is a serial number, it has the CE mark and made in China but thats all.

The box says microsol on it, but google doesn't find anything, theres no web address on the add / remove programs or the instruction manual and I have mislaid the installation CD for now!

I guess I can live with it the way it is!!

Thank you very much for your help.

I'll see how it goes for now and let you know in a couple of days how I get on.

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2006 - 03:09 PM

I've seen the Microsol brand name before - and it seems to be associated with cheap products as I remember.

Actually, with the number on the back (it should say something like FCC ID:) you can search the FCC database and get more info on it.

Since it's wireless, I'd say that you're sort of stuck with it the way it is (unless you can find new drivers) - if you try and remove them you may break the wireless connection and the keyboard won't work!

#10 Kev2006

Kev2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 03:56 AM

John,

I was looking around the folder in program files that contains the keyboard utility.

In there is the above mentioned program MMKEYBD.exe. It's icon is a mouse! The mouse I had was a different make and so this may explain why I was having problems with it? There is another program in there called KBDAP32A.EXE and this has a keyboard icon. I have double clicked this and my status light utility came back on the taskbar, WITHOUT the problems I have been having. I have looked in msconfig but there is no reference to it anywhere.

I guess that if I can auto start this program I will be back to full strength!

Would you be so kind as to suggest the best way of doing this, and is there any way of removing start items from the msconfig utility?

Many thanks,

Kev

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 20 January 2006 - 10:40 AM

Right click on the KBDAP32A.EXE and select "Send To..."
Then, click on "Desktop (create shortcut)"

Then, go to your desktop and drag the shortcut onto your Start button and then on up to the "Startup" folder under All Programs (this may take a bunch of tries to get it right).

Or, you could drag it into the Startup folder in your profile (or the All Users profile if you want it for everyone) using Windows Explorer.

#12 Kev2006

Kev2006
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:30 AM

John,

sorry for the delay getting back to you. Not been near the PC for a while!

My PC is performing just perfect, my problem is solved, case closed, job done. (Apart from a small problem with outlook express which my ISP should be able to deal with).

Thank you very much for your time. I'm so glad I found this site.

I'll be in touch should anything else arise!!

Kev

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:35 PM

I'm glad that you were able to solve it! Thanks for letting us know!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users