Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Truteer Rapport

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 barnsleyman

barnsleyman

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:06 AM

Hi I have Trusteer Rapport installed on my PC
The green icon is showing & working fine using Firefox & IE, but is not showing in Google Chrome.
It was visible & working in Chrome until a recent power cut,I checked Trusteer Rapport control panel & it's not in the invible mode, ( if it was it wouldn't be visible in F/fox or IE
Any help would be very much appreciated Best Regards, barnsleyman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Have you checked with their support team? http://www.trusteer.com/support

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 barnsleyman

barnsleyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 August 2011 - 05:32 AM

Thanks for your reply Animal, yes I have contacted Trusteer Rapport by their support section of the console.
Still waiting for a reply, so I thought I'd ask for any advise or assistance from members on here, like your good self mate.
What I don't understand is, the Icon is not in the hide mode cos it's active & showing green in both F/Fox & IE, but no icon at all at the side of the task bar in Google Chrome.

#4 Brian67

Brian67

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:03 AM

Hi barnsleyman,

I'm sure that if and when you get to reading this reply, you'll have been sent an email from Trusteer Rapport with details of an update for Google Chrome, vers.13
I presume.

I had the same problem, had to make an online payment so used IE9. Like you say, I only get this problem with Chrome, just wish Trusteer would get around to a build
platform for the Opera browser. Incidentally, the Rapport dash console indicated that the program was up to date but I contacted TR and I received details of update
within two or three hours.

Cheers, Brian67

#5 barnsleyman

barnsleyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:56 AM

Hi Brian67, Thank you for your reply,
To date,still no reply from Trusteer
I've stopped using Google Chrome on sites that require user name & pasword, until it gets sorted, anyway F/Fox is much more quicker, IE8 is ok but slow in comparison to F/Fox
By the way, what's IE9 like, was going to update but didn't know if it had any teething probs
Best Regards, barnsleymam

#6 Brian67

Brian67

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:18 AM

Hi barnsleyman,

Surprised you have not heard from TR, this problem has occurred twice before with me and each time I reported it, I had an email with link for upgrade within a
couple of hours or so. Stupid question really but I presume your email query was sent, this has happened to me in the past, get on to them again.

This problem doesn't seem to occur with IE9 but then again I prefer to use Google Chrome, not alot of difference in speed but I prefer the clarity and simplification
of Chrome, having said that I never encountered any teething problems with installation of IE9, it's a good standby to have for online transactions when Google Chrome
is down!!

In conclusion, I would probably use Opera more if TR was available with it but sadly it isn't, I actually find Opera a faster browser than Chrome!

Cheers mate. Brian67

#7 barnsleyman

barnsleyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 17 August 2011 - 11:55 PM

Hi Brian67 I still haven't had a reply from Trusteer to date, but I'm going to send them another message & ask them what is happening, cos,I upgraded F/Fox to version 6 & Google Chrome & now icon not showing in F/Fox as well Chrome.
It's still showing in IE8,so now I don't want to upgrade IE to IE9 incase it happens on that too :woot:
When I click on Trusteer in the start menu,then click start, it says Trusteer is already running.
It's not in the hide mode or it wouldn't be visible in IE8.
I don't really want to uninstall Trusteer & try to reinstall it in case it dosen't install cos, I like this protection, originally installed from my bank's ( HSBC) UK website,& due to me living in Thailand indefinitely, Internet banking is essential m8
Best Regards Barnsleyman

#8 barnsleyman

barnsleyman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:01 AM

Hi Brian67 and Animal.
I would like to thank both of you for your input.
I contacted Trusteer Rapport via their live chat box & a very helpful operative instructed me in what to do.
Now everything is working fine, & also rapport will work fine if I upgrade to IE9 ( which I presume, is the case for you Brian )
Best Regards barnsleyman :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users