Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No Video Options in Bios

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aurimasmb

aurimasmb

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:42 AM

I am going through the process of trying to get my graphics card to work after an upgrade to Windows Server 2008 R2 which I use as a workstation. My graphics card was working fine before the upgrade, but now it is not detected by the system altogether, and my device manager lists only "Standard VGA Adapter". I've looked it up, and it seems that the recommended thing to do is to go into the BIOS and change the settings for graphics card detection from "Onboard" to "Auto." Unfortunately, it seems that there are no video settings in my BIOS whatsoever, unlike all of the screenshots I've seen of other BIOS interfaces. I have an "American Megatrends Inc. 205", from July 2008. I'm stumped. Should I update the BIOS? I know that tampering with the BIOS is a risky operation, and I'm trying to avoid doing it.

Edited by hamluis, 15 August 2011 - 02:57 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Windows NT.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,487 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:11 AM

Hello :welcome: to BC!!!

So you are saying that this system has an onboard graphics card and one that you bought and put in, and that windows is not detecting the outboard card but it is detecting the onboard card? Try updating video card drivers.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,876 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2011 - 02:57 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#4 aurimasmb

aurimasmb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

Thanks for your reply,

Ok, so I ended up solving the problem with a little more research.
I found that there is a guide for specifically this issue at this site

I used Lavalys Everest Ultimate Edition to detect the actual graphics card, following the instructions under "Method 2" in the above guide.

I downloaded the drivers for my card (NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GS (Asus)) and installed them, restarted, and the card was detected as normal again.

Problem solved - thanks for the help anyway. :]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users