Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant restore file from recycle bin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mearow

mearow

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 05:59 PM

Windows Vista home premium edition.

While using windows photo gallery I told my machine to delete a new folder that I had created, then emptied out. I got the confirm deletion popup and sent the "new file" to the recycle bin. It sent the entire pictures file, not just the single folder within the file. Now the Picture file will not restore no matter what I do. I have hit restore from the drop down menu, restore from the right click menu and tried dragging the picture file to the desktop, and to the menu on the left handside. I can't open the picture file while its in the recycle bin to retrieve the pictures within it. Any ideas would be lovely as it contains ALL my photos and it would totally suck to lose them all.

Much thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

If you made a restore point while you had the pictures file there's a chance you may be able to pull it out of the restore point files using this free utility:

http://www.shadowexplorer.com/

It's worth a shot. If it doesn't work in this case it's still handy to have. It's easy to use. Select the date from the drop down most likely to have the file. Navigate to the folder that had it. See if it's there. If so just right click it and select Export. Choose to folder to copy into.

Edited by MilesAhead, 14 August 2011 - 10:40 PM.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:48 AM

You can try recuva: http://www.piriform.com/recuva

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users