Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Themes And Appearance Got Cleaned Too

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tlyons93

tlyons93

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 02:59 AM

I had SpySheriff spyware on my windows XP pro (sp2 and up to date) and I printed out and followed the directions to the 'T' for removing it. Although I do not have the spyware now, I apparently must of cleaned the file that allows me switch from windows classic theme to windows xp. I basically need help getting my 'windows and buttons' appearance option back to looking like it did instead of looking like windows 98. Also, and this may have something to do with it, I cannot get the smitfraud reg to install after I used ewido, cleanup, HJT,etc.

Please advise and I appreciate the response. Tom

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tlyons93

tlyons93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 03:22 AM

A pop-up comes up when I try to install smitfraud.reg from my desktop 'Are you sure you want to add the info in C:\Documents and Settings\Tom\Desktop\smitfraud.reg to registry?'

I select Yes and another popup says 'Cannot import C:\Docu... : Error accessing the registry.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:37 PM

I'd suggest that you read the stuff here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
And then post a HJT log.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users