Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Noisy cpu fan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 alorac

alorac

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:16 PM

My hp p6630f desktop computer is less than a year old. Every once in a while, the CPU fan is a lot noiser than usual. If I momentarily put the computer to sleep and then awaken it, the noise is gone. The noise is also gone if I turn the computer off and then on again. What is the cause of this additional noise? Need I do anything about it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CohenTheBarbarian

CohenTheBarbarian

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 PM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

It sounds like basic fan speed control - the computer heats up too far, the fan speeds up to cool it down, then goes back to a quieter speed when the temp has been lowered.

Has this always happened or is it a new problem? If it's recent, it may just be due to dust and dirt build up in your fan and heat sink. You can blow the dirt out with canned air and see if this makes it stay quiet more often.

#3 SoMeAm

SoMeAm

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 PM

Posted 15 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

Hi Alorac,
I see your post and the reply from CohenTheBarbarian about cleaning out dust, etc., important to do info .. Hopefully that cures your noisey fan issues. If it does not, you mentioned "My hp p6630f desktop computer is less than a year old", please advise HP of the issues. If you need help contacting HP please let me know via this post.

Edited by hamluis, 16 August 2011 - 01:04 PM.
PM sent re official rep status.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users