Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Red X in my wireless icon on Task bar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ajnord

ajnord

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:13 PM

First off let me say thank you to all who reply and I appologize for the long story. I am stumped. A few weeks ago I re-installed my Win 7 operating system. I was connected wirelessly via a E2000 Linksys router. About one week prior to my re-install I lost access via my blue ray player (home theater set up)of my music files. At the time I figured a sharing setting got modified and would change it back in due time. That being said after I reinstalled my Win 7 I now have a red x on my wireless signal icon on my task bar. When I click on it a box opens and says connections available but above that it says not connected. The box below that says wireless connection I see that I am connected. So I thought I would start all over again and re-connect the computer straight to modem (comcast). My signal icon changed but I still had the red x through it. I went through the cisco set up and reconnected to the internet via the router. Still the red x I then went through the process of trying to set up a new network and a new window opened up that stated "Choose the wireless router you want to reconfigure. Below that is says "it might take up to 90 seconds for unconfigured devises to appear. That never happens. Nothing shows. I have no problem connecting to the internet I might add. I just cannot get that red x to go away and I am unable to re-share my media with my BD player. I went through network discovery, clicked the advanced tab, selected share media but it just keeps looking for a network to share it with. I'm not sure what to do. How can I start completely from scratch? Again thanks in advance for any help and direction.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ajnord

ajnord
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:34 AM

Posted 16 August 2011 - 09:29 PM

Additional information; I have also gone to device manager removed all of my network adapters and reinstalled my drivers. All up to date. No change.

Edited by ajnord, 16 August 2011 - 09:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users