Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Inspector program problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 lenioffe

lenioffe

• Members
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:55 AM

I started using Startup Inspector program that was recommended on one of the forums here. I seemed very easy to use but once I tried to apply my remove choices I got a message Unable to write to C:\Documents and Settings\...\wsinspector\disabled.dat. Then it refuses to close displaying the same message. The only was is to restart the computer.

Does anyone know
1) whetehr this is a good program to use to do the start-up cleanup?
2) why this message is dispayed?
3) what other easy-to-use applicaiton I can use to remove start-up programs?

Thanks a lot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Minh Triet Pham Tran

Minh Triet Pham Tran

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 08 January 2012 - 11:42 AM

I started using Startup Inspector program that was recommended on one of the forums here. I seemed very easy to use but once I tried to apply my remove choices I got a message Unable to write to C:\Documents and Settings\...\wsinspector\disabled.dat. Then it refuses to close displaying the same message. The only was is to restart the computer.

Does anyone know
1) whetehr this is a good program to use to do the start-up cleanup?
2) why this message is dispayed?
3) what other easy-to-use applicaiton I can use to remove start-up programs?

Thanks a lot.

2) There could be many reasons such as a permission problem or some process is using that file.
3) You should use Autoruns of Sysinternals.
If you think technology can solve your security problems, then you don't understand the problems and you don't understand the technology. Bruce Schneier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users