Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Crashes when playing 3D game??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kafley12

kafley12

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:51 AM

My computer meets all the recommended requirements for the games (I've checked). The computer isn't even that old. Around 10 minutes into any 3D game, the fans get a little louder and 2 seconds later, the screen turns black. The power light blinks as if it were on Stand by and I have to perform a cold reboot to restart the computer. At first I thought it was a temperature problem because of all the dust inside the case, so I cleaned it all out. After cleaning, the fans were A LOT quieter so I thought I had gotten rid of the problem, but the computer crashed again after leaving a game on for about an hour. I have tried everything! Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aaron.R

Aaron.R

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

Try Updating your Graphics Card ive had the same problems with my computer
if that doesnt work try Turning off your Anti-Virus temperaly
If still nothing run a virus scan it could be malicious software interfearing with your prosessor
all i can think of at the moment ill come back when i have other suggestions B)

Edited by Aaron.R, 12 September 2011 - 10:04 PM.

Do what you gotta do to survive

#3 kafley12

kafley12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

thanks! I finally figured out what the problem was: the internal stuff is overheating when I'm playing games. this would be the last thing I would've thought of though :P all I have to do now is buy a cheap fan or two and hook it up i guess. Thanks for helping!

#4 Aaron.R

Aaron.R

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:37 AM

:busy:Any time.
also be sure you have a heat sync.
happy Gamming
Do what you gotta do to survive

#5 wjames811

wjames811

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hi, When i playing the IGI 2 There is some problem when i reach 2 stage its automatically comes out of the game...

#6 Phylar

Phylar

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2012 - 09:26 AM

Hi, When i playing the IGI 2 There is some problem when i reach 2 stage its automatically comes out of the game...

Sounds almost like an issue with the software itself. Reinstall the game and get back to us. Could have had a bug during install (either with the game specifically or the map that is being used at the time, I know both can cause a game to randomly close out).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users