Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where do JavaScripts Go?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bartolo

Bartolo

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:36 AM

I am on a medium speed wireless ISP in a rural area and want to be able to download YouTube videos so they can play without interruptions.

I found an Opera extension to download that requires that I place the downloaded script in my JS folder. I am new to Mac OS and don't know how to do this.

When I go to Preferences > Advanced > Content > JS options, the field for JS folder is blank. How do I create a file name there? Is this the correct way to do this?

Thanks,
Bart

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:09 PM

If you want to download YouTube videos, Video DownloadHelper in Firefox is the best way, if you ask me.

As much as I would love you help you with your Mac-related question, if an extension requires that much configuration to work, it's not worth having, in my opinion. Honestly, I've never heard of the "JS folder" on a Mac before. If you could name the extension you're trying to use, I could look into it and figure out how to make it work.

Edited by keyboardNinja, 14 August 2011 - 02:10 PM.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 Bartolo

Bartolo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 AM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:43 PM

Thanks for the reply. I have figured out how to make that JS folder.

The script I found is at: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/25105

However, I really don't know if this is what I should be using. As I indicated above, I just want to download Youtube videos for viewing without the interruptions due to slow Internet connection.

I don't use FF.

Thanks,
Bart

#4 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

I was able to get it to work on Opera Portable on Windows 7 following these directions: http://www.opera.com/docs/userjs/using/#writingscripts

Basically, all you do is make a folder to contain all the .js files you want to use (which you seem to have done already), and tell Opera (via the Settings/Preferences) which folder that is.

You get this Download button below the video:

Posted Image
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users