Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pictures Of Drawings I Did

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Kristy*~

~*Kristy*~

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:01 AM

Here are some pictures I took of drawings(not tracing) that I did today.

The images are big, so here are links to them: http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1403/im0002390si.jpg
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1582/im0002439bh.jpg

~Kristy

Edited by ~*Kristy*~, 19 January 2006 - 08:32 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:04 AM

very good. :thumbsup:
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

#3 ~*Kristy*~

~*Kristy*~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:16 AM

Thanks! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:19 AM

You seem to have some talent for freehand sketching.

Very nice!
Posted Image

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,416 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:59 AM

Hey nice work. Are they charcoal drawings? My sister did alot of charcoal drawings and the first one looks alot like that to me.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 ~*Kristy*~

~*Kristy*~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:14 AM

Hey nice work. Are they charcoal drawings? My sister did alot of charcoal drawings and the first one looks alot like that to me.

~Kristy
Posted Image

#7 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:52 AM

Hey Kristy
Have you sketched other subjects besides animals?

Edited by Scarlett, 17 January 2006 - 06:53 AM.

Posted Image

#8 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:49 PM

Well done Kristy, those are excellent! :thumbsup: My artistic skills stop at stick men. :flowers:

David

#9 ~*Kristy*~

~*Kristy*~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:06 PM

Hey Kristy
Have you sketched other subjects besides animals?

Yea, I used to all the time a couple years ago, and about a month or so ago I tried to sketch a face.

~Kristy
Posted Image

#10 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

:thumbsup: !! Very nice job there ~Kristy~ you are very talented. Keep up the good work. :flowers:

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#11 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:44 AM

I think you're having a problem getting your images into digital format. Do you have a scanner? How did you produce your photos? The second image is only 7KB in size, that's not nearly enough to show the detail in your artwork, you should be looking at 50KB as a minimum, and up to 1MB if you want to be really pro.
:thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#12 ~*Kristy*~

~*Kristy*~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 06:22 PM

I think you're having a problem getting your images into digital format. Do you have a scanner? How did you produce your photos? The second image is only 7KB in size, that's not nearly enough to show the detail in your artwork, you should be looking at 50KB as a minimum, and up to 1MB if you want to be really pro.

I do have a scanner but the quality of it is much worse than the digital camera that I have been using to take pictures of the drawings. Maybe for my birthday or something my parents will get me a good quality scanner, but for now I have to use my camera :/

~Kristy
Posted Image

#13 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 18 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

I don't know why the scanner pictures should be so bad unless it's faulty, but I guess your stuck with the camera then until you can replace it. Does the camera have a "Macro" setting? That's designed to shift the focus so you can photograph nearby objects. Also try using a Tripod to hold the camera still or sit it on a solid level surface while you take the photo.
Increasing the light on the drawings should improve the picture, photograph them outside in daylight, but not direct sunlight, would probably help.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#14 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:07 PM

Very nice pictures!!!

#15 ~*Kristy*~

~*Kristy*~
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:19 PM

I don't know why the scanner pictures should be so bad unless it's faulty, but I guess your stuck with the camera then until you can replace it. Does the camera have a "Macro" setting? That's designed to shift the focus so you can photograph nearby objects. Also try using a Tripod to hold the camera still or sit it on a solid level surface while you take the photo.
Increasing the light on the drawings should improve the picture, photograph them outside in daylight, but not direct sunlight, would probably help.

Actually, the camera I have now doesn't have the macro setting, but my other camera that was in my closet does, and I forgot I had that one. Tomorrow I will take pictures of the drawings again and replace the old pictures with the new ones.

~Kristy
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users