Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jimdigriz

Jimdigriz

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:36 PM

A friend of mine asked me about this the other day. I suggested a few things like scanning w/another virus scanner to see if there is a virus causing the prob, also suggested reinstalling/repairing/chkdsk, etc...still no sollution.

" Okay heres whats wrong......

1. On my comp whenever i try to do a search for somthing....i cant see the search toolbar...(its just the stupid dog at the bottom but no search bar....)

2. i cant see anything on my user account panel so i cant change the password or my pic to anything else (although i have admin powers which i cant change for anybody else)

3. I cant click on any of the buttons for the norton anti virus (running a scan and soforth) and i have reinstalled it like...3 times....

PLEASE HELP!!

i have put in a new hardrive and everything and still nothing works...."

He and I are both greatfull for help ;)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 franktiii

franktiii

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 AM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 10:12 AM

Can you tell us a little more about your computer, processor, ram, size of hard drive, os, etc? also you might want to run a hijack this log and have someone look at the results.

For information on how to do this go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users