Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Weird tumblr redirect

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Curiousp

Curiousp

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:42 PM

Hey everyone, I joined Tumblr yesterday and I saw that some guy had liked my friend's video. I clicked his name to see his tumblr page, and was redirected to a strange site called gotoenjoy.com which had the title Tumblr Girls, which were let's say, not covered with much. I was not expecting this, as I am very careful with websites, and my Nod32 did not alert me to anything. I scanned with HitmanPro which found nothing and I am doing a scan with Malwarebytes. What could have caused this redirection? And am I in danger? WOT didn't block it because it was not rated and Nod did not alert of any malicious IP address.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:11 PM

I have limited knowledge of tumblr (i.e. I don't have an account there), but if he setup his tumblr page to redirect to an external site that uses the tumblr API (which it appears to do, see: http://www.tumblr.com/docs/en/custom_domains), there is nothing suspicious about that.

The fact that...ahem..."questionable" material is shown there is irrelevant, although said material seems to be common on tumblr from what I've seen.

That said, you should always be suspicious of sites you've never visited before. If you click around enough, you WILL find malware being pushed somewhere.

Edited by keyboardNinja, 15 August 2011 - 07:22 PM.

PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

Also, FWIW, the only suspicious-looking code I see on the page (Ctrl + U gives you the page source) is the JavaScript files which reference other sites, be they benign or not.

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#4 st0n3

st0n3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

There is a hijacker at Tumblr.
He put up fake log in pages, offering adult content, iq tests...

Those redirect pages that you stumble across from time to time are hijacked blogs.
If you hit the (x) on your browser, and stop the page before it redirects, or check the cached content from google, you can see the real page.

There are several blogs at tumblr that have tuts posted on getting your hijacked blog back... restore http://staff.tumblr.com/post/380346543/theme-recovery is one of the easiest methods.

#5 Curiousp

Curiousp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 PM

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

Thank you so much. I have reason to believe that nothing sinister has occurred as my blog is normal, and nothing weird happened after I visited the website.

Thank you for your thoughts and time.

#6 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:51 AM

:thumbup2: