Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer randomly freezes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Forlornhope13

Forlornhope13

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:29 PM

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

I'm not sure if I have a virus or not but recently like end of July my computer started slowing way down then about the beginning of August it slowed down to the point of non responsive. I did a system restore to a few days prior but there was no change. So then I found a post that said take off all unnecessary start up programs so I did. And not upon the INITIAL start up, my computer works fine. And so I ran bitdefender and nothing ever comes up except for a few cookies. But then if I hibernate or put my computer to sleep it won't barely responds. It'll load up but and then I type in my password buy the dots never show up then it logs in and does nothing. Some times it'll just show a black screen for 5 minutes before the desktop. And then I can't click anything, or if I can nothing comes up. No virus scans work, sometimes my internet connection won't even come up. It gets so bad to the point my laptop won't even shut down. Once I tried to shut it down and left and came back 8 hours later and cut it back on and it went straight to the screen saying this is preventing the computer from shutting down. If, I'm opened it from hibernate or sleep, if I won't to shut it down I have to hold the power button because it won't go off any other way. I have an HP and I'm running Windows 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users