Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Would You Eat Another Human Being?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:05 PM

German cannibal 'not a murderer'[/size]
A self-confessed cannibal has described how he killed and partially ate a man he met via the internet in March 2001, at a retrial in Germany

Berlin man 'inspired by cannibal'[/size]
A Berlin man has gone on trial for murder in an attack which his lawyer says was inspired by the high-profile case of a cannibal killing in Germany.

Murky world of net cannibalism[/size]
The case of Armin Meiwes, the smiling, smartly dressed computer technician who killed and ate someone he met through the internet has shocked and fascinated Germany.

How about you, would you eat another human being? Even if it depended on your survival in an extreme situation?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 What The Who

What The Who

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:15 PM

Cannibalism is nothing new. Humans have been doing it as long as we've been here. Animals as well. It's a matter of survival. If I needed to eat and there was nothing around but another person.. I'd eat him/her.

Now people that practice Cannibalism as a matter of choice? Sorry, but that's just sick. :thumbsup:
"If it doesn't make sense... It's probably true."

- Arlo Guthrie

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:19 PM

No
Posted Image

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:13 AM

Raw or cooked? Never mind I'm on a diet, no red meat.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:37 AM

Uhhhh Lotsa garlic and Bam!! what are ya hungry Yano ad the fridge empty

:thumbsup:

Nyet !!!
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:19 AM

If i was in a life or death situation and it was absolutely necessary for me to eat another human to survive, i suppose i would in the heat of the moment. However, not as a delicacy! :thumbsup:
David

#7 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:00 PM

That's a fairly difficult answer to come up with....

I'm pretty sure i'd eat the meat off of another human's body in a desperate situation if there was no other food around. I'd probably slice off some of the thighs first, then go for the stomach and pecs.

On the other hand, there are some more questions to be considered. Is it likely that you will be rescued in a few days? Is the person still alive? Would you have to kill them to get the food? Would you allow them to eat you if you died?

I'd probably snack on a corpse if it was already dead, but i don't know about KILLING someone to eat them.... I'd be more for the "if I die first, you can eat me. If you die first, i can eat you." sorta agreement...

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:22 PM

When I was a student at the University of Colorado, I often ate at the Alfred E. (now corrected to G.) Packer cafeteria. At the time, most undergraduates thought they WERE eating human flesh.
Regards,
John

In case the name is not familiar:

http://www.colorado.gov/dpa/doit/archives/packer.html
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#9 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:38 PM

Why would they name the cafeteria after him (Alfred G Packer) in the first place?

I am not going to judge him. And it is only a cafeteria but, I do not understand why he is honored even in this small way.
I suppose it is someone's idea of a joke. Albeit a lame one. IMHO :thumbsup:
It is just silly.

Edited by Scarlett, 17 January 2006 - 12:45 PM.

Posted Image

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,329 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 01:20 PM

OK, sorry I lied earlier. Last summers BBQ, we got a tad tipsy and were hungry :thumbsup: :flowers:

Self basting ..i might add :trumpet:

Posted Image
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 05:57 PM

Well like if my plain crashed I would not wait for help. I know you can go a few days without food and within 3 or 4 days you can walk many miles. I saw a story on some peoples plane crashed and they had some food and water but they ate it over time then the people that died and were burried in the snow preserved they would eat.

I just could not do it. It turned out a couple days walk there was a place where they got help.

I just could not eat anyone make me sick....

#12 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

I like pig meat,but could never eat a policeman...

It would be too nasty,whatever the situation.

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

#13 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  

Posted 18 January 2006 - 10:48 PM

here's the deal:

I would never eat another person unless like a I was on a plane and it crashed in the middle of a rain forest or desert and I knew that there were no places around for a long, long time. At that point i might eat a dead body that died in the plane crash. If there was no dead bodies i would not kill someone. that is the only way i would eat another person.

P.S. boopme when is your next BBQ I want to come (meal looks good) (just kidding i would never kill anyone to eat them)

#14 yoopergirl

yoopergirl

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:49 AM

ha! HUMAN, THE OTHER WHITE MEAT.....

or... this may be a little off the topic here, but maybe not so much... Have you ever seen the "starving people in africa" commercials on tv and wondered why in the heck they don't just chomp on those damn cows they lead around from place to place? I mean, I understand the whole religious aspect but come on! I think god would want them poor kids to eat the darn thing! I see the cows and tthey'relike quartered in my mind, rump roast, ribs, ssirlointip etc, etc.. *mouth watering* I honestly cant see a person in that mind diagram of mine, even under the worst of conditions.. Normally II'ma realist, like... dude, if II'mhungry, II'lleat.. but.. I just don't think I could. Now, ask me after I have not had a bite to eat in 7 days, my opinion may be a lil different. Lets just hope I never find out! Also, if I die first ya guys can eat me.. Not a problem.

#15 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:19 AM

When I was a student at the University of Colorado, I often ate at the Alfred E. (now corrected to G.) Packer cafeteria. At the time, most undergraduates thought they WERE eating human flesh.
Regards,
John

In case the name is not familiar:

http://www.colorado.gov/dpa/doit/archives/packer.html

On July 17, 1989, James Starrs started an exhumation in an attempt to determine whether Packer was a liar and a murdering cannibal, or an honest, desperate man who had to eat to live.

Five small boulders marked the prospectors' graves. The exhumation by shovel and brush revealed five separate and distinct burials, "all cheek by jowl with one another," Starrs wrote.

Packer, in rambling, sometimes disjointed accounts, had contended his fellow prospectors had died by starvation and accident except George Noon, who had been shot by Shannon Wilson Bell. In other statements, Packer said he had been forced to shoot Bell.

The bones showed the men died violently, trying to defend themselves, and were defleshed by knife except for the skulls and pubic regions. The four skulls that were found bore marks of having been struck with a blunt object, such as the blade of a hatchet.

Defensive wounds were found on all but one skeleton - that of Israel Swan, who was the oldest and probably the weakest and could have been killed in his sleep.

Frank Miller and James Humphrey were "bludgeoned and butted into eternity by an ax," Starrs found.

Noon, only 18 or so, fought the hardest. His left humerus, or upper arm bone, was severed.

Bell was probably not shot. His bones show that he was acting to ward off blows from an assailant with a hatchet. His left humerus was almost cut through. He also was struck by a hatchet on his face and on top of the head.

"Packer's recital can most fairly be described as a cock-and-bull story," Starrs ascertained from his exhumation.

Starrs, with typical humor, said he also corrected one long-standing error regarding the student dining hall at the University of Colorado at Boulder, which was for years called the Alfred E. Packer cafeteria - "perhaps because of the quality of the food dished out there."

Starrs' research found that Packer's middle initial was G., not E. The school dutifully made the change.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users