Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to safely unplugge ethernet cable

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ziva

Ziva

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

Hi,

I just got a brand new laptop. Was planning of trying it out this weekend, but I've been unable to get the Cat-5 ethernet cable out of my old laptop. It's an HP Pavillion and the cable plugs into the right side with the latch facing down. I've squeezed the latch and pulled gently but all I hear is a click as it locks back into place. It doesn't appear to be jammed into the slot. It just refuses to unlatch so I can get it out.

Anyone have any solutions? I'd really like to try my new PC out before the return date is up.

Thank you,

Ziva

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

Do you have a small screw driver like for glasses that you could gently move into the latched area and maybe use some gentle pressure to pry it out?

#3 Ziva

Ziva
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 13 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

I think I do. But I'd be afraid of breaking the latch. Then I couldn't use it with the new PC. I don't drive so I don't have the luxury of jumping into the car and getting a new one.

Thank you for responding.

Ziva

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users