Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Many Of You Are Going To Replace Xp With Vista?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 talenak

talenak

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:16 PM

Those of you testing it with a good grasp on the security and value of the OS you use

What do you think of it compared to Linux or the Mac OS?

Compared to XP?

Do you like it enough that you have already decided you are DEFINITALY going to make it your primary?

Or will you still be going another route?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:55 PM

I'm planning on getting Vista after they release a SP1 or 6 months for it. Which ever comes latter.

#3 Raban

Raban

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2006 - 03:36 PM

ya i'm definitely going to vista the moment it is released... hell i'm already trying to use beta 5270 as my primary OS but its hard when i want to play games... they definitely run better under winxp so i have to switch back and fourth

vista is a very slick OS

#4 shefo

shefo

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2006 - 05:11 AM

i am gonna install it to my secondary pc like what i did in the beta version
then i train on it , report every bug i found in my way
that give me more experience in vista and will be good for me

"life Gives Us Gifts"
www.shrety.host.sk

#5 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:13 PM

I'll probably switch to Vista the next time i get a PC, or after they release it and a year or two passes....

Operating systems aren't always as reliable as they should be the first few months or a year immediately following their release...

#6 RandomUser

RandomUser

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:08 PM

I'm running the Current build on what is now Legacy Hardware. IE

Dell Dimension 8300. The is a 478 pin 3.4ghz (HT) with 1.5 gb of Ram in Dual Channel running an ATI 9800 pro and Creative Audigy 2 ZS Gamer Edition.

Vista runs well. (As long as that's all I'm running.) Legacy programs bog the system down b/c Vista has to facillitate; not only Security features, but Programs that you're currently running. Taking a quick peak on some of the errors the Vista reported, lead me to believe the very security features implemented may make Vista Vulnerable.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't have any expertise on the Subject. It was after reading some posts on other blogs and critiquing the various errors that led me to think this. Also, messenger programs seem to dislike Vista's graphics. When trying to run Yahoo messenger, it errored out and stated Graphics as the problem. Granted this version of Messenger wasn't meant for Vista. But I thought improved graphics were a part of Vista.

Not Too sure about Vista

I think I'll stick with Symphony OS at this point in time. Symphony is fast becoming the Linux Alternative. And you can use AptPlus to install Programs. You can run Many Windows APPS if you have Wine installed. The Graphics on Symphony are a work in progress, but pleasing to say the least...

www.symphonyos.com

#7 oRCaz

oRCaz

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 PM

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:35 AM

I think I will not likely upgrade to Windows Vista. I will wait for the next operating system after Vista, because of the fact that when Vista first releases, I expect it to have loads of bugs, like what happened to XP. The next version of Windows after Vista would probably be a build of it, like 2000 to XP. Until then, I am not upgrading...
:: Orcaz signing off ::

#8 WindowsVista1994

WindowsVista1994

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:12 AM

how do i get Vista Beta?

#9 LostAccount

LostAccount

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2006 - 12:40 PM

Subscribe to MSDN (it's not free) to get a legitimate copy of the beta.

#10 -David-

-David-

• Members
  • 10,603 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:13 PM

I'm probably not going to buy as soon as it comes out - i'll wait and see what the verdict is :huh: I reckon BC will be heaving with comments so it'll be good to see what everone thinks.
David

#11 lcg

lcg

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 18 February 2006 - 02:24 PM

I've used most of the Windows Vista builds as well as the Longhorn ones.
I'll probably wait a little while, until the bugs are ironed out (they're are always plenty of bugs when it'll first be released). To be honest I prefer the UI etc. of Windows XP than Windows Vista :huh:

#12 JSKY

JSKY

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2006 - 06:19 PM

So far the latest build of Vista is fairly stable. But you'll need a good system to get the full potential out of Vista when it's released the first part of December.

#13 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2006 - 07:57 PM

Nope not me. Replacing Windows with something else (Pinguins)

Posted Image

#14 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2006 - 12:04 AM

I'm curious. I wonder how long it will take for someone to pirate it and crack it. :huh: I'm just curious because like with Star Wars 2 and 3 and other programs. I can't wait to hear the news about Vista. :D

#15 Docredbeard

Docredbeard

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2006 - 04:55 AM

I have been testing it now for awhile and I plan to switch over to it when it becomes available

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users