Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ip

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Derek56

Derek56

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:47 PM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:06 PM

:thumbsup:
Hello All

I'm still on dial-up and it SUCKS.

Question for you all.
Is there a way to change the IP address ( number) on my pc???

:flowers: :trumpet:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 AM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:36 PM

Is there a way to change the IP address ( number) on my pc???

I guess my question is, Why? With dial up your IP is changed with every connection. The IP belongs to your ISP and is utilized as each connection is made. It's dynamic, not a static IP.

Be (Static VS Dynamic) Safe

Da Bleepin AniMod, Animal

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:58 AM

If your ISP has different dial in numbers you can try a different number. That would give you a different acess point. Who is your ISP? Da Animal is right ever time you reconnect you are subject to receive a different IP address.
If you don't mind would you describe the problem that makes you believe it's you IP address that is your problem. We would love to help.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users