Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cannot access google 404 not found nginx has re-directed in the past

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 kreedynce

kreedynce

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 13 August 2011 - 02:32 AM

any way i try to access google i instantly get a 404 not found page with the word nginx below it. it also re-directs me to random sites when using google search.

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RPMcMurphy

RPMcMurphy

Bleeping *^#@%~

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,970 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 13 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

Hello and welcome. Please follow these guidelines while we work on your PC:
  • Malware removal is a sometimes lengthy and tedious process. Please stick with the thread until Iíve given you the ďAll clear.Ē Absence of symptoms does not mean your machine is clean!
  • Please do not run any scans or install/uninstall any applications without being directed to do so.
  • Any underlined text in my posts indicates a clickable link.
  • If you have any questions at all, please stop and ask before proceeding.
Posted Image Download GMER Rootkit Scanner from here to your desktop.
  • Double click the exe file. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
  • If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.

Posted Image
    Click the image to enlarge it

• In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
    • IAT/EAT
    • Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
    • Show All (don't miss this one)
  • Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
  • Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
  • Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and post it in reply.
**Caution**
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries

If you have trouble running GEMR:
  • Make sure that your security software is disabled
  • Uncheck the box next to "Files" this time also
  • If you still can't run it, try in the Safe Mode
Please include the following in your next post:
  • GMER log

Threads are closed after 5 days of inactivity.

ASAP & UNITE Member

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 RPMcMurphy

RPMcMurphy

Bleeping *^#@%~

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,970 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:28 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days. Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

Threads are closed after 5 days of inactivity.

ASAP & UNITE Member

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users