Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Irq Setting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lynx777

Lynx777

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have a HP Pavilion ZE1115 laptop. Unfortunately this is one of those computers with no user settings in the bios except which drive to boot from. (I've been told that Windows controls the bios settings).

Anyway, I use a palm PDA and every time I attach it to the USB cable I get the blue screen of death with a STOP message relating to Palmusbd.sys.

I've tried all the regular trouble shooting angles and even some hair brained ideas I found on the net.

The only thing I can find that makes any sense to me is that USB normally uses IRQ-9. My computer uses IRQ-11 for USB and shares it with the cardbus controller and sound controller.

If I go to control panel and try to manually control the IRQ assignments the controls that let you make the changes are grayed out.

I became so frustrated with this problem I finally gave up and completely reformatted my computer and re-installed Win XP thinking that would get me out of my jam. But no luck. Even with a fresh install I have the same problem.

One last note. Yes my PDA did work with this computer. Actually this is my third Palm PDA that I've used with this laptop.

Anyone have any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Salo

Salo

• Banned
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:37 PM

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:41 PM

Unplug the palm and boot normally, Uninstall all software related to the palm. Reboot, reinstall it. This doesnt have anything to do with IRQ assignments, but merely the system files used to interface with the pda, or the drivers. In this case, Palmusbd.sys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users