Just some housekeeping to do now, this will clean up all those tools and logs.
Please do the following:P2P
- I see you have P2P
installed on your machine. We are not here to pass judgment on file-sharing as a concept. However, we will warn you that engaging in this activity and having this kind of software installed on your machine will always make you more susceptible to re-infections. It likely contributed to your current situation. This page
will give you further information.
Please note: Even if you are using a "safe" P2P program, it is only the program that is safe. You will be sharing files from uncertified sources, and these are often infected. The bad guys use P2P filesharing as a major conduit to spread their wares.
Please see this topic for more information:Perils of P2P File Sharing
I would strongly recommend that you uninstall this/these now. You can do so via Control Panel >> Add or Remove Programs.NEXT Your Java is out of date. Java™ 6 Update 24
can be updated from the Java control panel Start > Control Panel
(Classic View) > Java
(looks like a coffee cup) > Update Tab
> Update Now
An update should begin; > follow the prompts.Clear Java cache
Go into the Control Panel and double-click the Java Icon. (looks like a coffee cup) If you do not see the icon, look to your left and click 'Switch to Classic View'.
- On the General tab, under Temporary Internet Files, click the Settings button.
- Next, click on the Delete Files button
- There are two options in the window to clear the cache - Leave BOTH Checked
- Applications and Applets
Trace and Log Files
- Click OK on Delete Temporary Files Window
Note: This deletes ALL the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the CACHE.
- Click OK to leave the Temporary Files Window
- Click OK to leave the Java Control Panel.
You can delete the TDSSKiller
logs and programs from your desktop.
NEXTFollow these steps to uninstall Combofix
- Make sure your security programs are totally disabled.
- Click START then RUN
- Now copy/paste Combofix /uninstall into the runbox and click OK. Note the space between the ..X and the /U, it needs to be there.
Clean up with OTL:
If there are any logs/tools remaining on your desktop > right click and delete them.NEXT
- Double-click OTL.exe to start the program.
- Close all other programs apart from OTL as this step will require a reboot
- On the OTL main screen, press the CLEANUP button
- Say Yes to the prompt and then allow the program to reboot your computer.
Below I have included a number of recommendations for how to protect your computer against malware infections.
**Be very wary with any security software that is advertised in popups or in other ways. They are not only usually of no use, but often have malware in them.
- It is good security practice to change your passwords to all your online accounts on a fairly regular basis, this is especially true after an infection. Refer to this Microsoft article
Strong passwords: How to create and use them Then consider a password keeper, to keep all your passwords safe. KeePass is a small utility that allows you to manage all your passwords.
- Keep Windows updated by regularly checking their website at :
This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.
- Make Internet Explorer more secure
- Click Start > Run
- Type Inetcpl.cpl & click OK
- Click on the Security tab
- Click Reset all zones to default level
- Make sure the Internet Zone is selected & Click Custom level
- In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".
- Next Click OK, then Apply button and then OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
- Download TFC to your desktop
It's normal after running TFC cleaner that the PC will be slower to boot the first time.
- Close any open windows.
- Double click the TFC icon to run the program
- TFC will close all open programs itself in order to run,
- Click the Start button to begin the process.
- Allow TFC to run uninterrupted.
- The program should not take long to finish it's job
- Once its finished it should automatically reboot your machine,
- if it doesn't, manually reboot to ensure a complete clean
- WOT, Web of Trust, warns you about risky websites that try to scam visitors, deliver malware or send spam. Protect your computer against online threats by using WOT as your front-line layer of protection when browsing or searching in unfamiliar territory. WOT's color-coded icons show you ratings for 21 million websites, helping you avoid the dangerous sites:
WOT has an addon available for both Firefox and IE
- Green to go
- Yellow for caution
- Red to stop
- Keep a backup of your important files - Now, more than ever, it's especially important to protect your digital files and memories. This article is full of good information on alternatives for home backup solutions.
- ERUNT (Emergency Recovery Utility NT) allows you to keep a complete backup of your registry and restore it when needed. The standard registry backup options that come with Windows back up most of the registry but not all of it. ERUNT however creates a complete backup set, including the Security hive and user related sections. ERUNT is easy to use and since it creates a full backup, there are no options or choices other than to select the location of the backup files. The backup set includes a small executable that will launch the registry restore if needed.
- In light of your recent issue, I'm sure you'd like to avoid any future infections. Please take a look at this well written article:
PC Safety and Security--What Do I Need?.
Thank you for your patience, and performing all of the procedures requested.
Please respond one last time so we can consider the thread resolved and close it, thank-you.