Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AC Jack/USB Port Repaired Now computer will not start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 memawbrendax5

memawbrendax5

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

My computer would not charge when I plugged the ac adapter in, so I thought the ac adapter must be bad. I purchased another one and it would not charge with the new one either. So I took both adapters out to my mothers and plugged them into her computer and they both worked charging her computer, we both have Dell Inspiron 1525's. I upgraded a year ago from Vista to Windows 7. So I bought a new ac jack/usb port to replace on the motherboard and followed a video on how to disassemble and repaired the port. When I re-assembled and put battery in, pressed the power button and it will not come on. The only light that does anything is the charging light blinks. There are no noises, beeps, or anything. What could cause this, or is there something else I need to do, does battery have to fully charge to allow it to start up?

Brenda
Brendax5

Dont count the days, make the days count!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Skizzle

Skizzle

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:06 AM

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:16 PM

Try removing the battery and starting it with only the AC cord. I know some laptops may not let you do it, but the last 3 I had did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users