Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista basic keeps restarting

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 melindascrochetbits

melindascrochetbits

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 12 August 2011 - 05:54 PM

I am working on my nephews laptop. When he first brought it to me it would not boot up at all.I finaaly got it to boot by unplugging the power supply until it booted up and then plugging it back in again.

Current problems are:
The Low disk space error is popping up upon boot up
When Mc Fee loads that is when it seems to restart by itself
The only blue screen I have seem so far is
Stop:0x0000007b
0xc0000034
0x00000000= 2 times

Things I have tried:
ran memory diagnostics test- results unknown
running antivirus in safe mode= found nothing
running bootable antivirus= never booted up from cd although bios was set to boot up from cd
scan disk for errors: fixed problems but still restarts by itself
also tried this advice http://www.ehow.com/how_6815624_repair-vista-startup-command-prompt.html= I am able to boot into safe mode now

also when I can shutdown it says configuring updates it sits at 0 % and then restarts
I can boot in safe mode but once it boots up it shutsdown after everything has loaded up

This problem didn't seem to be this bad until I turned on and ran windows bit defender so any advice will be very helpful right now. Thanks in advance!

Edited by melindascrochetbits, 13 August 2011 - 12:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 melindascrochetbits

melindascrochetbits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 13 August 2011 - 11:38 AM

also wanted to add that the only time it seems to stay on and not restart is when I am doing a scan. He has some programs installed that he wants removed but I can't remove them because it won't stay on long enough to let the uninstaller complete.

Can no longer get into safe mode- it boots into safe mode and once the desktop shows up it restarts.

when I go to command prompt it says x:\windows\system32>
shouldn't it say C: ?

It is an Acer Aspire 4330, vista basic sp2, I did notice that he has another hard drive called data. I don't have a Vista disk,( I use XP home )If I think of anything else that maybe useful,I will edit this post.Thanks again

Edited by melindascrochetbits, 13 August 2011 - 11:56 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users